Tuesday, December 25, 2012

More Asheville!!!


Ok so, obviously this post should've happened a few weeks ago.  Better late than never huh.  Catching up now that presents have been wrapped and opened; cookies baked and eaten; crafts done, and well partially done at least.

I wanted to post the rest of my photo picks from Asheville.  It was such a great time of year to visit.  I've really missed seeing the leaves change and feeling the crisp Autumn air.  I think I've realized just how much I miss the fog and the misty mornings.

Since we visited during what was pretty much the last weekend of the peak fall color, there was lots of activity downtown.  These buskers "Thirteen Strings and a Two Dollar Bill" were awesome!



another shot of downtown


We were lucky enough to be there right when an early cold front came through.  While we were out sightseeing in the Pisgah National Forest it actually started snowing!  The further we climbed the more snow we encountered.  The boys LOVED it!

Going up the mountain just when it started snowing


At the top of Cold Mountain


Snow clouds


Snow!!!





The way back down was just as beautiful




We even got some snow at the cabin the next morning



On the last night we walked downtown and did some window shopping.  It was cold and crisp and I loved every minute of it!





No comments:

Post a Comment