Sunday, September 9, 2012

Zips

So, I bought some purple muslin to make covers for 4 outdoor pillows - a year and a half ago.  Started the covers last weekend and planned on whipstitching them shut this weekend.  Yeah, that didn't go so well.  Sewing is just not my thing.  I've made several things over the years.  Lots of belly dance bras and choli tops.  But every time I finish a project I feel more frustrated than fulfilled, and I ask myself why I keep trying.  So I gave up on the whipstitching and figured that I would install zippers.  Can't believe that I still had all the original stuff that came with my machine that I bought 20 years ago.  Even found the manual!  By the time the fourth cover had it's zipper I was a pro!  So, maybe I won't give up after all...  Some flannel jammie bottoms are next!

No comments:

Post a Comment