Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Been Busy!

Ok, so...I certainly did not intend to let so much time pass, but life gets in the way when you have so many responsibilities.  I've had the best intentions though.  I took pictures that never made it to my laptop.  I thought about the posts that I would make while I drove to work.  I contemplated all of the projects that would be fun to document in my diary, and so here I am again.

I finally finished the bobble blankey for my son.  He sleeps with it every night and it warms my heart that he loves it so.  Especially since it took me 9 months to make!


I also got around to redoing the backsplash in my kitchen.  This project was inexpensive - under $200.00 - and I was able to complete it all by myself from start to finish.  It was a quick update that makes a huge difference that'll hold me over until I get around to the re-model.




Spring is here and the rabbit brought loads of candy that one boy would not even touch.  Who knew that peeps and jelly beans are not vegetarian?  Well I am enlightened now and still learning from this young man every day.


A couple of other fun projects that are also finally completed are:

Mod Podge purses:

I bought these plain black purses from Faith Farm - a local thrift store.  They cost me maybe $3 and were in very good condition and very clean.  I painted them with regular acrylic paint then cut out some really cute matryoshka dolls and mod podged them right on the front!

Crochet bracelet:



I can't even begin to say how easy this was to make!  I was finished before my Sunday morning coffee!

My next posts will be all about Sarah London's Crochet Along 2013.  We will be working on a wool eater motif and I am all ready to go!  

1 comment:

  1. Love the bracelet! Do you know a tutorial or something on how to make this? I would love to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete